1. We believe the Bible to be the authoritative and infallible Word of God, supreme for all faith and practice. The Bible alone is the final authority for determining all doctrinal truths.
(Proverbs 30:5; Romans 16:25, 26; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21)
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are coequal and coeternal.
(Genesis 1:26; Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 3:16, 17; 28:19; Luke 1:35; Hebrews 3:7-11;
1 John 5:7)
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. On earth, Jesus Christ was fully man and fully God. He led a sinless life, performed miracles, took on Himself all of our sins, died on the cross and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate. We believe that He will return to the earth in power and glory.
(Isaiah 9:6; Isaiah 53; Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; John 1:1, 14; 20:28;
Romans 1:16; Philippians 2:5, 6; 1 Timothy 2:5; 3:16; Revelation 20-22)
4. We believe that humanity was created good and upright, but by the transgression of Adam, all of humanity fell into sin. Humanity’s only hope for redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
(Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Matthew 1:18, 23-25; Luke 1:27-35)
5. We believe that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; His death, burial, and resurrection. He is the only way to salvation. Salvation is a gift from God, not as a result of our good works or of any human effort.
(John 14:6; Romans 1:17; 10:9, 10; Acts 16:31; Galatians 2:16; 3:8; Ephesians 2:8, 9; Titus 3:5; Hebrews 9:22)
6. We believe that Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit, indwells every true believer who has placed his faith in Christ.
(John 1:12; 3:16; 14:17, 23; 15:4; Romans 8:11, 10:9-10; Ephesians 1:13-14;
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit manifests Himself through a variety of spiritual gifts to build up and sanctify the Church. All believers are given spiritual gifts and are to desire and grow in their spiritual gifts. The gifts are always to be harmonized with the Bible, righteous living and church order.
(Romans 1:11; 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-13; 13-14; Ephesians 4:16; 1 Timothy 4:14;
2 Timothy 1:5-16; Hebrews 2:4; 1 Peter 4:10)
8. We believe that every believer is commissioned by Christ to be a witness of the Gospel, the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, to the world.
(Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 4:18, 19; Acts 1:8)
9. We believe that the church has been given two sacraments:
• Baptism: After placing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the new believer is commanded by the Bible to be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38)
• The Lord’s Supper: All believers in Christ should regularly have a unique time of taking the elements of bread and juice that represent the body and blood of Christ in order to remember Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for their sins.
(Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 16:16; Acts 8:12, 36-38; 10:47-48;
1 Corinthians 10:16; 11:23-26) L